Friday, July 26, 2013

Playing with Pocket Life with Jen

Happy Friday! Today, I'm sharing a two page Pocket Life spread from our family vacation to Greece in June. This month I worked with the July PL, Travel Add-on and Stamp Add-on Kits. July could not have been a more perfect match to document our time on the beach.

JBoumisJulyPL_Pg1
JBoumisJulyPL_Pg2

The rainbow chevron from the 6x6 paper pad had to take a starring role in this spread. It's just so pretty and happy! I paired the bold pattern with a title and arrows cut from my Silhouette, a OA Travel Girl flash card from the add-on, a label for my dates and a few accent enamel dots to bring it all together.
JBoumisJulyPL_Detail3

I love adding memorabilia to my pages but, let's face it, computer generated boarding passes aren't the nicest looking bits of ephemera. My solution? Cut a vellum bitty bag using my Silhouette, back it with a patterned paper card and embellish the front. The boarding passes are still accessible and slightly visible yet, much easier on the eye. And, we actually did fly with KLM...thank you OA Travel Girl Miscellany pack (Travel Add-on) for being spot on!

JBoumisJulyPL_Detail5
The OA Travel Girl tidbits in the PL kit were irresistible! I ended up using a tab and circle bit on the card, along with some washi, a little anchor Silhouette cut and stamps from the add-on to record some memories of my children and the beach.

JBoumisJulyPL_Detail6

I hope you've enjoyed a little peek at Greece in June! Here are this month's sketches:
JBoumisJulyPL_Sketches

5 comments:

  1. great spread Jen!
    I love the idea with making your own vellum bags to cover the boarding pass- so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages! I really enjoyed seeing your pictures from Greece on IG!

    Dawn
    dmg314

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this spread Jen! I really like all the little details and I'll have to remember the idea of putting the boarding passes behind vellum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE love love your spread Jen! Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete